The Abunai! 2018 Hallway Competition will be held on Friday and on Saturday. The judges for this competition are experienced cosplayers who will assess your costume. They will give you advice on how to improve your skills, and whether you’re ready to enter a competition with your costume. The aim of this competition is to help cosplay beginners get ready for the stage.
This friendly competition aims to help cosplay beginners who haven’t entered or won a competition before. You can only win a prize if you meet these criteria. If you enter the competition without meeting these criteria, you are still welcome drop by to receive advice.
We have a room reserved for Friday and Saturday (no need to sign up beforehand), which will open at certain times (room and times to be announced). We’ll photograph the contestants and select a winner each day. You will have to leave your contact information so we can get in touch with you in case you win. The winner of the day will also be featured on our social media channels.
- The judges will look at different aspects of your costume: overall look, choice of materials, sewing techniques, quality of props, wig, and makeup.
- Our judges will give you advice, so please be kind to them. Rude behaviour towards them will result in disqualification.
- The judges will photograph you. If you win your picture will be posted on the Abunai! social media channels. Entering this competition means that you agree to this condition.
- You have to leave your contact information in order for us to reach you in case you win. The prize cannot be claimed later, and if unclaimed will go to the runner-up.
- Be kind to anyone in the room! You share the same hobby and being competitive doesn’t mean you’re allowed to treat other entrants badly.
- Only visitors with a valid Abunai! ticket may enter this competition.
(These rules are subject to change)