Below you will find the rules of the 2018 Abunai! Cosplay Music Video Competition. If you have any questions or remarks, please contact us. Please also check out the FAQ where oft-expressed concerns are addressed.
- You have to be in possession of a valid Abunai! 2018 ticket to sign up for this competition. All entrants have to be a visitor (this includes guests, dealers and volunteers) for at least one day of the convention to participate in the competition.
- Sign-up deadline is Friday, the 20th of July 2018 at 23:59:59.
- You do not have to be present during the competition, though it’s highly preferable that you are.
- You can enter this competition with one CMV, you may not have worked on multiple videos. As such, this rule extends to group projects.
- The CMV has to be created for this competition specifically. It is not allowed to enter a CMV that has been publicly shown. This includes but is not limited to: competitions, usage in a workshop, publication online on YouTube or similar video services. We do allow your CMV if you it was shown at small private screenings to your closest friends or family for feedback purposes.
- On the sign-up form, do not forget to tick the box on the final page concerning agreeing with the terms and conditions. Your application will not be submitted otherwise.
- The video footage has to be of cosplayers. Usage of other sources in moderation is allowed, but will be of influence during the judging process.
- Minimum resolution is [4:3] 800×600, or [Widescreen] 896×504
- Maximum length is 3:00 minutes (excluding intro/outro)
- Minimum length is 1:30 minutes (excluding intro/outro)
- Intro or outro length may not exceed 10 seconds each, or 15 seconds if you include both an intro and an outro.
- Accepted file types are: AVI, MKV, MP4 and MPG. Other file types may be rejected.
- The maximum file size is 1 GB (1024 MB)
- Excessive gore, violence, nudity or other content not suitable for minors is not allowed.
- Using footage containing commercial or fan texts is not allowed and can get your CMV disqualified. This covers inclusion of logos, subtitles and watermarks that are not or insufficiently blurred. Adding subtitles or text of your own because you think it contributes to your CMV is allowed.
- Credits and special thanks are allowed, but cannot include source material. Source material will be listed separately by us.
- Audio can be of any source and in any language
- Minimum audio quality is 192 kb/s MP3
- Vulgar language or language otherwise not suitable for minors is not allowed.
Submitting your CMV
You can find the sign-up form here: Sign up form CMV Competition.
You can sign-up by providing us with the following:
- A filled-in sign-up form
- The CMV whose filename should look like: (nick)name_-_title_of_the_video.extension, for example: kitsune_-_My_First_Cmv.mp4
If in any way possible please put all the files in a single archive (ZIP/RAR/7z/GZIP/Compressed Folder) and name it in the same fashion: (nick)name_-_title_of_the_video.extension, for example: kitsune_-_My_First_Cmv.7z
If any of the information required is missing, your sign-up will be rejected. We will notify you if your sign-up has been received.