1. These rules apply to everyone attending Abunai!, including exhibitors and staff.
2. Breaking of any of these rules will lead to disqualification, exclusion, and other possible repercussions.
3. Instructions of the CCM staff need to be followed at all times.
Signing up/getting ready:
4. Signing up for participation is required and needs to be done in person.
5. Your real name needs to be written down for registration.
6. It is not allowed to sign up for someone else.
7. Availability of a time slot is held on a “first come first serve basis.”
8. Participants need to be present 15 minutes prior to their chosen time slot in order to be given instructions etc.
9. All Personal belongings (bags, electronics, etc.) need to be left outside of the room. These will be stored in a secured location during the escape and won’t be accessible by anybody other than CCM staff, with the only purpose of retrieving them back to you after participation.
10. Large Props need to be left in the designated Prop cloak room of Abunai!.
During the escape:
11. Brute forcing puzzles or locks is not allowed. (Brute forcing = trying to open the locks/puzzles without knowing the actual answer beforehand.)
12. All puzzles need to be solved within the time limit to qualify for a successful escape.
13. Participants are not allowed to climb upon the equipment.
14. It is not allowed to remove any electronic cables or wires in the room.
15. Damage to puzzles, decoration, or other material in the escape room will be held accountable to the person responsible.
16. During the escape, help and advice can be asked to the staff via the provided portophones.
17. Cameras in the escape room will monitor your progress and behavior, and are only being monitored, and/or viewed by CCM staff. Camera footage is meant for observation and safety purposes only and will only be used in the event of an emergency. All recorded footage will automatically be deleted after the convention ended.
18. Any provided personal info such as names and phone numbers will be used only for contact purposes during the event and will be confidentially destroyed by the head of CCM staff after the convention ended.
By participating, you agree to have read, understood, and give consent to the above mentioned rules and had the ability to have any of your questions answered by a member of staff prior to participating in the escape room. You give consent to be contacted 15 minutes prior to the start of your chosen escape room timeslot by the provided cell phone number.