One of the returning competitions is the Abunai Hallway Competition. You can visit selected cosplayers who will judge you costume and give you advice on how to improve your skills and if you should have a go at the stage competitions. This friendly competition aims to help starting cosplayers (cosplayers who haven’t entered or won a competition before). You can only win a prize if you are in this category. If you enter the competition without meeting the criteria, then you can always get advice.
If you want to find this competition: follow the cosplay @ Abunai posters! We have a room reserved for Friday and Saturday (No need to sign up beforehand). Our judges will take pictures of you to show on the big screen during the closing ceremony, so everyone can see our new rising star! You will have to leave some contact information behind, so we can get in touch if you win a prize and aren’t there on Sunday!
Please note: you can only win a prize if you haven’t entered and/or won a cosplay competition before. The aim of this competition is to help starting cosplayers getting ready for the stage!
Prizes will be revealed in a later stage!
- The judges will look at different aspects of your costume: overall look, choice of materials, sewing techniques and finishing, quality of props and quality of wig/make-up.
- Our judges will give you advice, so please be kind to them. Rude remarks to them will leave you disqualified.
- The judges will photograph you for the big screen during the closing ceremony if you win. Entering this competition means that you agree to this condition.
- You have to leave some contact information behind for us to reach you in case you win. The prize can’t be claimed later, so it will go to the runner-up.
- Be kind to anyone in the room! You share the same hobby and being competitive doesn’t mean you talk others down.
- Only visitors with a valid Abunai! ticket may participate