The CMV competition has been rescheduled to 2018.
These are the rules for the 2017 edition of the Abunai! CMV Competition. If you have any questions or remarks, please contact us. Please also check out the FAQ where oft-expressed concerns are addressed.
- All entrants have to be a visitor (this includes guests, dealers and gophers/stewards) for at least one of the days of the convention to be eligible to participate in the competition.
- You do not necessarily have to be present during the competition, though it’s highly preferable that you are.
- You can sign up with only one CMV. This rule includes group projects.
- Sign-up deadline is Friday the 28th of July 2017 at 23:59:59.
- The CMV may not have had any prior showing. This includes but is not limited to: competitions, public showings, usage in a workshop, online streaming like YouTube or similar video services, or anything beyond small scale private screenings to your closest friends or family for feedback purposes.
- On the sign-up form, do not forget to tick the box on the final page concerning agreeing with the terms and conditions. Your application will not be submitted otherwise.
- For further details on how to sign up; check the FAQ below.
- The video sources used have to be cosplay footage. Usage of other sources in moderation is allowed, but will be of influence during the judging process.
- Minimum resolution is [4:3] 800×600, or [Widescreen] 896×504
- Maximum length is 3:00 minutes (excluding intro/outro)
- Minimum length is 1:30 minutes (excluding intro/outro)
- Intro/Outro length may not exceed 10s each, and 15s combined
- Accepted filetypes are: AVI, MKV, MP4 and MPG. Other filetypes may be rejected.
- The maximum filesize is 1 GB (1024 MB)
- Excessive gore, violence, nudity or other content not suitable for minors is not allowed.
- Material with commercial or fan texts are not allowed to be used and are a reason for disqualification. This includes logos, subs and watermarks that are not or insufficiently blurred. Adding subs or texts of your own because you think it contributes to your CMV is allowed.
- Credits and special thanks are allowed, but cannot include source material. This will be listed separately from our side.
- Audio can be of any source and in any language
- Minimum audio quality is 192 kb/ps MP3
- Vulgar language or language otherwise not suitable for minors is not allowed.
Submitting your CMV
You can sign-up by supplying us (see the next question) with the following:
- A filled-in webform which you can find here (coming soon)
- The CMV whose filename should look like: (nick)name_-_title_of_the_video.extention, for example: kitsune_-_My_First_Cmv.mp4
If in any way possible please put all the files in a single archive (ZIP/RAR/7z/GZIP/Compressed Folder) and name it in the same fashion: (nick)name_-_title_of_the_video.extention, for example: kitsune_-_My_First_Cmv.7z
If any of the information required is missing, the sign-up will be rejected. We will notify you if your sign-up has been received.