|WARNING: Outdated! The information on this page is outdated for Abunai! 2014. Please check back when the registration are opened for more (correct) information!|
|convention rules are unfortunately necessary to keep the convention fun and safe. Please read them all - you will be expected to abide by them.|
Every convention will need its rules. Keep in mind that (structurally) ignoring the house rules will not be tolerated, and you will be removed from the convention if the offenses are serious. We are constantly looking at the rules in an attempt to improve them, so don't forget to check them once in a while.
- These rules are subject to change without prior notice.
- You can always find the latest version of these rules on our website
- You are required to wear your visitor bracelet at all times. Do not take the bracelet off during the entire convention. Without an intact bracelet you will be denied access to the video rooms, game room, dealer room and event rooms.
- You are not allowed to bring food or drinks into the video rooms, game room, event rooms or the dealer room. Dealers are allowed to eat or drink behind their stands and guests are allowed to drink during lectures or workshops.
- Do not litter. Throw your trash into a trash bin or take it with you to dispose of it at home, but do not leave it on the convention floor.
- Follow the directions of staff, stewards and gophers. In all situations they have the final say and their decisions cannot be taken into question.
- You must be able to identify yourself with a proper means of identification in order to enter the convention site. This can be any form of legal identification.
- Pets are not allowed on the con grounds, unless it is an official assistance dog. Please contact the staff beforehand so we can hand out a permit.
- Intentional modifications on and forgeries of any information provided by Abunai are not allowed and are punishable by Dutch law (Wetboek van Strafrecht Art. 225). Any person caught doing this or assisting someone else doing this will be denied access to the Abunai! convention for at least one year, without a right for refunds. If a case is deemed serious enough, we will also inform the police.
- Reselling tickets or parts of tickets is allowed when sold for the Abunai! retail price or less. If a price higher than our retail price is asked, Abunai! reserves the right to immediately cancel the entire ticket, without a right for refunds. When reselling tickets, Abunai! only provides the means to transfer the tickets or parts from one person to the other. Abunai! cannot be deemed responsible for the proper transfer of physical tickets or the handling of payments between third parties.
- The Abunai! organization (staff, board) has the right to remove a person from the convention if they are in violation of our house rules or the house rules of our partners, depending on the severity of the violation; this will be judged per case.
- If you have any questions about the rules, please post that question at the Abunai! 'Questions and Answers' subforum.
- You are not allowed to be at the convention site while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Smoking is prohibited on the entire convention site except for the smoking area near the info desk.
- Think of your fellow visitors and do not bother them with excessive sound or body odours.
- Please be respectful to your fellow visitors and do not engage in physical contact with them without their permission.
- Theft and violence will not be tolerated and will always be reported to the police.
- You are allowed to carry around (up to medium sized) bags at the convention site. This includes within the Dealer Room and Events rooms, unless explicitly noted otherwise.
- You are not allowed to take bags into the game room; the only exception to this are very small bags with a volume of roughly one liter (for instance a camera bag).
- You have to keep your bag with you, or bring it to the cloak room of you don't need it.
- Bags found without an owner will be brought to the cloakroom, where they can be picked up by their rightful owners. You will be asked questions about the bag to confirm it belongs to you. We might need to use the contents of the bag to confirm the identity of the owner.
- Bags found without an owner will be brought to the cloak room, where they can be picked up by their rightful owners. You will be asked questions about the bag to confirm it belongs to you. We might need to use the contents of the bag to confirm the identity of the owner.
- Your bag may not hinder the other visitors in any way. There is no strict guideline in shape or size of the bags, stewards or staff members decide when a bag has to be brought to the cloak room.
Laptops, PDA's and mobile phones
- You are not allowed to use laptops in the dealer room, game room or event rooms unless explicitly stated otherwise. Exceptions will be included in the event description in the convention booklet.
- You are not allowed to use mobile phones, or PDAs in the video room and during events in the event room. Mobile phones should also be turned off or put to silent in these places.
- Dealers are allowed to use a laptop on their stand and guests are allowed to use a laptop in a lecture or a workshop.
- You are allowed to use laptops, PDAs and mobile phones at the rest of the convention site.
- You are not allowed to present any video or audio material without permission from the rightful owners.
- Metal is only allowed to be used in a decorative manner, and should not be the base material of any cosplay prop or costume. Wood, foam and other light materials are allowed normally, keeping in mind the other rules that apply.
- Cosplay weapons may not resemble genuine weapons in shape or size, it has to be clear that they are fake weapons. Obviously fake colours do not remove this restriction, it is the shape and the size that are important.
- Cosplay weapons have to be safe. Sharp edges and points are not allowed.
- You are not allowed to swing cosplay weapons, or make any other dangerous manoeuvres with them anywhere on the convention site. Exceptions can be made for the cosplay competition as long as the props are handled in a controlled manner.
- Cosplay props may not hinder other visitors in any way. This is mostly a restriction in size and dimensions. There are no strict guidelines, this will be judged by staff and stewards. Obstructive cosplaying props have to be kept in the cloak room and can only be used at the cosplay competitions.
- Cosplay props have to be kept with you at all times, or have to be brought to the cloakroom.
- Cosplay props found without an owner will be brought to the cloakroom, where they can be picked up by their rightful owners. You will be asked questions about the item to confirm it belongs to you.
Photos and film
- You are not allowed to photograph or film in the video rooms and the game room.
- When photographing or filming any specific person, you will have to ask this person for permission.
- No photographic or film material may be published without the permission of the Abunai! Foundation.
- You are allowed to take photographs during the Cosplay Fashion Show. However during these events you are not allowed to use a flash.
- You are allowed to take photographs and make films at Abunai! in all other locations.
At the hotel
- When residing at the hotel grounds, the house rules of NH Koningshof will apply at all times. Their house rules can be requested at NH Hoteles.