The Cosplay Runway is a quick walk on competition where contestants can show of their creation to the judges by walking on in character, Pose, make a 360 view and walk off in a time frame of max 30 seconds.
- A reference template will be sent to you after you have signed up. You must fully fill in the template to compete. Templates that do not follow these rules will be rejected.
- Reference pictures must be official art. Fan-art and popular artists are not allowed.
- Any act theme is accepted, except for original characters
- There have to be at least ten signups for the contest to continue, or it will be cancelled.
- Costumes with inappropriate items and/or nudity will be rejected without question.
- The following items are required to compete.
– a reference sheet with pictures of the character and your costume in 360 view, name of cosplayer and character+ series.
– a music piece of 30 seconds.
– a background picture for your character.
- Cosplay must be hand made by the wearer. Little accessories like shoes, wigs simple jewellery and belts ( PROPS ARE excluded from this, and staff will inform you if your accessorise meet the requirements)
- You have to warn us beforehand if you want someone to take your pictures during the show.
Dates & Deadlines:
- You can sign up for the Competition by filling in the sign up template below the rules. You can do this until the 30th of June 2017. By this date we will need your sign up template, reference sheet and audio-visual materials.
- A definite go/no go to the competition will be sent the 10th of July
- You will receive the times for the rehearsal by the 17th of August.
- If you cancel your act after the 7th of August 2017 without a legitimate reason, your submission to the Cosplay runway for the next year will be put on the waiting list.
- We need to know your real name and character’s names in the “Character(s) (required)” field in the template below.
- Walk-on may last a maximum of 30 seconds
- Walk-on may consist out of one to three people
- There is a limited amount of places available Therefore we would like to advise you to send us your full information as soon as possible, so we can examine your act and determine more quickly which acts will make it through the selection round, or so that we can inform you if you need to fix something.
- After your sign-up we will send you the reference template. You can send the reference template back along with everything else in one go as a .zip or .rar, or as a download link for us by using www.wetransfer.com or other archive websites, like Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Your files should be named according to this order: Name – Cosplay name – Performance name- character.
- We will notify you if your sign-up has been received.
- Only visitors with a valid Abunai! ticket may participate
- The following combinations of audio-visual material are possible:
- Audio only
- A still image
- Read video, audio and image rules to prevent non- working audio-visual material.
- Audio is mandatory.
- For audio you can use one of the following formats:
- MP3, AAC
- Audio files should be of very good quality. The speakers will make it sound grainy otherwise.
- Compressed bit rate for MP3 should be at least 128 kbit/s, fixed, or 192 kbit/s VBR. Compressed bit rate for AAC should be at least 96 kbit/s.
- Don’t use recordings of TV audio, unless you’re an expert who knows how to cancel out all the noise.
- If you want to have audio start at X seconds you have to mix that in yourself. We start audio from the start, so if you want this, make sure it’s silent until that moment you want to use it in the file.
- Notify issues in time, deadline of sending in updates and fixes counts for this as well. Two weeks before the conventions is far too late.
- You can choose any image as long as they apply to your performance.
- You can only use one image
- The following files are accepted:
- JPG, JPEG, PNG
- We don’t accept any other type of image.
- The resolution of the image must be at least 640×480. Obviously enlarged images that become blurred will not be accepted.
- Please be aware that if you find out that you can’t compete in the competition during the Abunai! weekend, the ONLY way to notify us of that is by visiting the information desk. If you know it in advance, please let us know by e-mail before Tuesday August 24th!
- If you have a legitimate reason for missing or being late to the rehearsal, you must let us know no later than a week after you have received the rehearsal schedule.
- If you fail to inform us on time you will be put on the blacklist, which will prevent you from joining the next year.
- The rehearsal is not for you to practice your act, but for the technical crew to make sure the sounds and lights are working correctly and to practice technical queues.
- We do not accept new audio-visual material or requests during the rehearsal. However it is always appreciated to bring along your newest files, just in case something goes wrong.
- By participating in this competition you give us the right to record your performance, which will be put online. This material is used for promotional purposes, all right reserved to us.
- If you want your act to be filmed by anyone else besides our camera crew, you can request this through e-mail up to a week before the convention.
- There will be a short break between the rehearsal and the actual competition (if time allows this).
- All group members must be present (backstage) 30 minutes before the show is scheduled to start and you are not allowed to leave before the show starts. If there are delays, you have to be present anyway!
- The order in which the acts are set will be decided by the staff and is not open for discussion.
- Judging results are final and are not open for discussion.
(These rules are subject to change)
For questions and help, please head to our forum
You can find the sign-up form here: Cosplay Runway Competition sign-up form