The sign-ups for the Karaoke Competitions are going to open today!. If you want to compete, please sign-up. If you have any questions: don’t hesitate and ask them on our forum or on Facebook or check the Q&A page. For more info and the rules please check here: Karaoke-competition.
Just a quick heads up from out Cosplay Team regarding the Masquerade:
We’ve currently reached the maximum amount of contestants for this year’s edition. You can still apply of course, but any applications received from this moment on will be put on the waiting list.
The signups for the Abunai! 2016 AMV competition have opened! For rules, guidelines and more information, click here.
This year we will have some sweet cosplay competitions for you to participate in. As usual we will have the Cosplay Masquerade: a starter-level competition where you can try if cosplay competitions are something for you! If you don’t want to try it alone, you can also find a partner or a group to enter with.
We have a separate “class” for more advanced competitors, so if you just want to show your costume and you have some experience in cosplaying, you can enter this competition as well. You’ll be judged in a different class from the starters. You can participate solo, as a duo or as a group.
Want to try something more elaborate? Have a go at the Cosplay Act competition. This event focuses on your act and not so much on your costume. So, if you have more confidence in your acting, go for this! Groups (2+ people) are more than welcome in this competition.
If that’s not enough for you and if you want to be judged on the complete package, then we have another challenge for you: try the Clara Clow Cosplay Competition (C4) prelims. Here your act is 60% of your total score and the costumes make up for the other 40%. It is the ultimate challenge! But remember: Abunai! is only the first round. If you win, you’ll be able to participate in the final round against international teams! And you won’t be doing this alone, as this competition is only for teams of 2 people.
This all is nice and stuff, but you don’t have to go on stage to have a chance at winning. The hallway competition will return as well. Just go to the judging room and have a nice talk with the judges, who will ask you some questions and give you the same judging experience as backstage at the other competitions. We have selected special judges for this, so we can say for certain that they don’t bite.
But… What about the European Cosplay (Eurocos) Preliminaries?
The Eurocos organisation decided that they don’t want to have multiple participants from one country anymore from this year on. That is why Abunai! doesn’t have the European Cosplay Preliminaries this year (instead this year’s edition will be hosted at Anime 2016). We’ll keep you updated on next year.
This weekend the largest gaming event of the Benelux, FirstLook Festival, will be held at De Jaarbeurs in Utrecht. This year will mark the debut of FirstLook’s very own cosplay section, Cosville, hosted by our colleagues of Stichting J-POP (www.animecon.nl) and the increasingly popular weblog The Sushi Times.
Sugar, Spice and… wait? no! NOOOOO!!!! *runs*
Come check out the trailer for the opening film for “Abunai! 2015: Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice”.
Part One will be shown during the Opening Ceremony on Friday, and Part Two during the Closing Ceremony on Sunday.
If you are unable to attend either (or both), don’t worry. It will be available online after the convention so you can check it back!
Unfortunately we have to inform you that the Karaoke Competition is now full. All the available slots for entries have been filled. You can still sign-up for the competition, but you will be put in the waitinglist. This means that if you want to compete in the competition you have to wait till one of the slots become available. We shall contact you if this happens.
The sign-ups for AMV Competition and the Karaoke Competition are open. If you want to compete, please sign up. If you have any questions: don’t hesitate and ask them on our forum or on Facebook. For more info and the rules please check here.
As of June 16th the European Cosplay competition is fully booked. Contestants signing up after 9 AM of that day will be put on the waiting list and contacted if a slot opens up. This will happen no later than August 14th. We will inform you regardless, even if no spaces are available. We offer our sincerest apology for any inconvenience caused.